Mission and Vision:
Children of Armenia Fund (COAF) works to secure a future for children in Armenia’s impoverished rural villages through improved education, healthcare, community life and economic conditions.
Our programs create and sustain opportunities for growth and progress.
COAF envisions a world in which all children have the opportunity to reach their full potential and in turn contribute meaningfully to their communities and to the world around them.
See more at: https://www.coafkids.org
Reporting to, and working in close collaboration with, the Chief Development and Strategy Officer, the Fundraising Director will design and execute a comprehensive development strategy for COAF. The Fundraising Director will oversee and execute on both capital campaigns and ongoing fundraising efforts. S/he will be integral in the formation and management of the COAF development team.
• Implement a strategic fundraising plan for increasing revenues and building a sustainable stream of funding from individuals, corporations and foundations. Encourage new and/or increased contributions.
• Develop corporate fundraising programs, such as employer gift-matching and grant writing. Manage internal grants calendar and schedule to ensure accurate proposals are submitted on time. Write exceptional grant proposals and letters of inquiry, internal briefing documents and other materials that effectively and succinctly capture COAF’s work and impact.
• Identification, cultivation, solicitation of donors and prospects.
• Retain and engage donors and prospects through individual stewardship.
• Monitor lapsed relationships for renewal opportunities.
• Embrace the mission and goals of COAF in order to clearly articulate value proposition to prospective donors.
• Direct recognition programs to ensure legacy donors continual engagement with COAF.
• Ensure donor profiles, records and analysis regarding retention, growth, upgrades, etc. are updated in detail in database, as well as create new profiles. Brief senior team with information, as needed. Monitor, track and report progress of fundraising drives.
• Enhance, monitor, and maintain COAF's website donation page to successfully engage online gifts.
• Work with Board to proactively develop and enhance fundraising potential.
• In cooperation with the Chief Development and Strategy Officer, compile and/or develop materials to submit to be used in soliciting gifts.
• In cooperation with Event Manager, recruit sponsors, participants, and/or volunteers for fundraising events.
• Entrepreneurial drive and exceptional work ethic, coupled with outstanding presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Ability to exceed all performance goals and targets
• Passion for helping people
• Driven and motivated by the opportunity to grow and move into a leadership position
• Strong ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Personality traits that achieve success: ambition, focus, tenacity, honesty, openness to new ideas, and a willingness to learn
• Excellent writing and oral communication
• Demonstrated experience in crafting proposals and grants
• Proven track record in successful fundraising campaigns
• Experience with Razor's Edge and other CRM programs
• Commitment to the mission, vision and goals of COAF
• Ability to build and maintain relationships - a crucial skill in all areas of fundraising
• Creativity, imagination, and an entrepreneurial attitude towards fundraising
• Proactive attitude, drive and enthusiasm to carry out projects to conclusion
• Ability to influence others with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Capability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to meet financial targets
• Good organizational and project management skills
• Ability to motivate others and work as part of a team
• Resilience, particularly when faced with setbacks
• Sensitivity to the needs of volunteers and donors
• Able to work with high-profile individuals with grace
• A team player willing to assist colleagues, even outside the scope of this position
Interested candidates should contact:
Eric D. Zack
Senior Director, Non-Profit/Education
O: (646) 728-2305